Sunday, 31 October 2010

The Beginning.....




This is my story about my journey to become a veterinary surgeon! I am a 36 year old who has already graduated with a First Class Honours Degree in Equine Sports Science from Hartpury College, University of the West of England (2004-2007) and a Masters Degree in Equine Science from Aberystwyth University, Wales (2009-2010).

I have always loved animals be they my own pets or otherwise, and my life has been enriched by a considerable number of them! I have ridden horses since my childhood and went on to qualify as a British Horse Society Instructor, which enabled me to travel and gain some wonderful experiences. Horses have been and still are my greatest passion, and despite not owning one presently I am fortunate enough to be able to ride regularly.

Home is on the North Wales coast in the most delightful village called Abersoch, and due to its rural location I have taken a keen interest in all aspects of animal husbandry/farming since an early age. I am lucky to have such great farms at my fingertips to gain the experience which proves so valuable.

During my MSc at Aberystwyth University we had to carry out a research project which formed the basis of our dissertation. I was incredibly fortunate to be given the opportunity to travel to the USA and work at the Gluck Equine Research Centre in Lexington Kentucky. It was during my time in Kentucky that my desire and passion to study veterinary medicine became more of a reality..........



No comments:

Post a Comment